Hanoi’s food markets are where you find cheap dishes with extremely delicious flavors, spoiled for choice, and enjoy without fear of spending money.
Famous Hanoi food markets
1. Dong Xuan Market
One of the top famous places is Dong Xuan market. The market is the leading famous trading and trading place of the capital, here you can buy any item at a reasonable wholesale price. Not only that, the small alley on the side of the market is a “paradise” to eat and drink with thousands of delicious dishes.
Although it is a rather small alley, the shops are close together, about 200m long, but have been open for decades, so the taste is traditional. Make sure it’s very clean and here you can find anything. On cool days, do a round of Dong Xuan market food tour: shrimp cakes, snail vermicelli, bamboo vermicelli, pho tiu, all kinds of tea,…
The price is only a few thousand to a few tens of thousand of a full dish, but the quality is impeccable. Some delicious restaurants in the famous Dong Xuan market that are reviewed by many people you can go to are:
– Golden shrimp cake shop, fragrant right at the beginning of the gate.
– Co Tuyet tea shop is famous for all kinds of delicious tea, priced from only 15,000 VND – 20,000 VND.
– Pho noodle shop.
– Miss Hang Nga snail vermicelli.
– Huyen Anh cartilage rib porridge opposite the market gate, price from 60,000 VND/full bowl.
– Ms. Hong’s filter cake: full filling from only 4,000 VND / 1 piece.
2. Nghia Tan Market
The leading famous food market in Cau Giay and very popular with students. Walking around here you can find billions of delicious – nutritious – cheap dishes of all 3 regions. Just passing through the market gate, the smell of food coming out makes it hard to resist. And because the market is quite large, it takes a lot of time to explore and enjoy it all.
There are many dishes associated with the name of this famous Hanoi food market such as:
– Cao Pho – No. 105C3 Nghia Tan. The price is only from 7,000 VND – 15,000 VND / full bowl, sweet and fragrant with jasmine sugar water. There are a variety of toppings to choose from such as: black bean tea, jelly gloves, fresh coconut, desiccated coconut, …
– Grilled cartilaginous ribs, skewers: 2 famous dishes in this market with a taste that must be called delicious. The meat is seasoned well, eating a little bit of fat, so it is not dry. Grilled on charred coals outside, the more you eat, the more “addicted” you find hard to stop.
– Spring rolls, pillow cakes – No. 101A14 Nghia Tan. This restaurant is delicious and famous for its crispy and filling pillow cakes. Nem lui is grilled on embers and served with cucumber, raw vegetables, and delicious sweet and sour fish sauce.
– Dried beef salad, filter cake – market gate. The shop selling snacks is very popular with young people, the dried beef mannequin has a strange taste. Shrimp flour filter cake, big meat eat “already female” to make sure everyone loves it.
– Spring rolls filled with meat, wood ear. When calling the new owner, it is hot and steaming, served with spring rolls, spring rolls, and salted cucumbers. If you eat spicy, add a little more chili sauce and eat well.
– Snails: When coming to Nghia Tan market, you can’t help but cross your eyes because of rows of crowded snails. There are enough fresh and delicious snail dishes, diversely processed such as boiled snails, fried snails with tamarind, … dipped with a thick sauce with fragrant lemongrass and chili. Order more plates of spring rolls, toads, quails, … more, enjoy.
3. Thanh Cong Market
In Hanoi travel experience, you must definitely visit the A4 yard of the dormitory, close to Thanh Cong market. Although the space is small, this food court also has many delicious dishes. From cool dishes to hot dishes that make you drool. The most famous can be mentioned as:
– Noodles, vermicelli, pho: vermicelli, snails, Hai Phong shrimp vermicelli, pho, Hue beef vermicelli, vermicelli, … Especially the famous eel and mixed vermicelli dishes near and far.
– Filter cake, mannequin: dried beef mannequins, ear mannequins, jellyfish salads, mixed mannequins, etc., super delicious street food.
– Hue standard mussel porridge, smooth porridge bowl, lots of mussel meat and crispy crackers.
– Paradise of colorful teas.
– There are also dozens of other delicious dishes that appeal to all ages such as old lady’s fried spring rolls, boat cakes, spring rolls, tofu, fried dumplings, wormwood duck,…
4. Nguyen Cong Tru Market
For those who love to eat in the area near the old town, this cheap Hanoi food market cannot be ignored . This place is open all day, so you can drop by anytime to fill your hungry stomach. This is like the “headquarters” of many famous snacks in Ha Thanh. Examples include:
– Banh gio : a shop selling cakes familiar to many people’s childhoods at Nguyen Cong Tru market. The cake is small and pretty but the dough is very smooth, the filling covers most of the cake with the smell of wood ear and black pepper. The cake is always hot, if you find it less, you can order more spring rolls, spring rolls, spring rolls, … served to warm your stomach.
– Caramel : This is also a famous snack in this market for a long time. Caramel is soft and melts in your mouth, if you don’t know what to choose, you can order a mix of coconut milk, pearls, longan with cool ice. Although the topping is not much, the taste of childhood here always makes many people fascinated.
– In addition, there are many other delicious snacks such as wormwood duck eggs, tea dishes, pho, vermicelli, vermicelli, spring rolls, …
5. Vinh Ho Market
Where to eat in Dong Da district ? Vinh Ho Market is a place not to be missed. If you want to eat snacks, come here, make sure everything is available, both delicious and cheap, the domain is always criticized. Suggested dishes you can try are:
– Fried banh chung, wormwood fried eggs, spring rolls,… with vegetables and pickled cucumbers for a super full breakfast. The famous shop selling dozens is located opposite the B3 collective area, near the end of the market.
– Tofu with black pearl jelly: a classic and refreshing dish, chewy pearls served with delicious soy milk and coconut milk, but only from 10,000 VND. The shops at the market gate are super delicious, pop in to make a cup with a few skewers of meat to satisfy the craving.
– Bean vermicelli, lane 15, Vinh Ho market: bean vermicelli noodles, heart, sausage, spring rolls, spring rolls, … a full person eats only 30,000 VND/serving. The shrimp paste is super delicious and not salty at all.
– Bun rieu crab, beef, pork sausage, snail, … all sold from morning to afternoon only from 30,000 VND – 35,000 VND / bowl.
– Pillow cake, filter cake, sweet and salty fried spring rolls,…
No need for luxurious restaurants with expensive prices, Hanoi’s food markets are the ideal destination for you to enjoy all the delicious dishes of Ha Thanh. Just have a full meal without worrying about spending money, what are you waiting for, go today!
Keyword: Discover 5 Hanoi food markets with many delicious and cheap dishes