Many farmers know how to link production, towards high quality and safe products, serving market needs, so that people’s income has been improved.
In the first days of the new year, the production atmosphere at Dak Ha Hi-Tech Agriculture Cooperative (Dak Glong district, Dak Nong province) is bustling and bustling.
Dang Ngoc Huong, Director of Dak Ha Hi-Tech Agriculture Cooperative, said the cooperative was established in April 2021. After 2 years, the cooperative has 13 main members, 25 production households and 25 associated households with a material area of more than 70ha.
Each month, the unit produces 150-170 tons of vegetables, tubers and fruits of all kinds. All products are made to order in advance, so they are consumed in the field.
Of these, nearly 30% of agricultural products are sold at a supermarket system at a higher price than the market, and the remaining 70% are consumed by 15 small traders at 3 wholesale markets in Ho Chi Minh City.
Mr. Huong said, since its establishment, the cooperative has focused on production in the direction of applying high technology, creating thousands of tons of vegetables, tubers and fruits meeting VietGAP standards.
From 2023, the unit cooperates with a business in Da Lat city (Lam Dong) to grow vegetables according to modern processes. Up to now, the cooperative has successfully grown 12 varieties of vegetables, tubers, fruits, Japanese lettuce, purple cabbage, rocket cabbage, zucchini and star anise.
Sharing about the past 2 years, Mr. Huong said that from the first days of production, the members of the cooperative have determined to do organic farming to meet the needs of consumers.
Although it was difficult at first to change people’s awareness, until now, most members and affiliated households are aware of the benefits.
“Currently, the cooperative’s vegetables and fruits supply to supermarkets and wholesale markets in major provinces and cities across the country. It is expected that in 2023, the cooperative will produce and put 3,000 supermarkets in supermarkets. tons of vegetables,” Huong shared.
Currently, the cooperative is creating jobs for 20 regular employees with an income of 7-8 million VND/person/month. For households directly producing, products have access to modern distribution channels, income is higher than the common level, and even the highest income households are up to billions of dong/year.($1=24,000 VND)
Ms. Vu Thi Nhung’s family (living in hamlet 3, Dak Ha commune) is one of the member households guided by the cooperative to produce clean vegetables according to VietGAP standards.
According to Ms. Nhung, the family’s entire crop area does not use chemical drugs, only organic fertilizers and microorganisms are used. Since joining the cooperative, her family has not only been able to repay the debt but also bought more land and expanded the farming area.
“In the past, my wife and I have grown vegetables from Dak Lak to Dak Ha. From the initial loan of about 300 million VND, after 2 years, the family has paid off the debt. In addition, with the profit from growing vegetables, we I also bought a piece of land to build a house, rest assured to do business here”, Ms. Nhung shared.($1=24,000 VND)
Mr. Tran Nam Thuan, Chairman of Dak Glong District People’s Committee assessed that the local climate and soil are suitable for producing vegetables, tubers and fruits.
In the past two years, the products produced by Dak Ha Hi-tech Agriculture Cooperative have been put on the market and have received good feedback, showing that this is the right direction.
“It is important that farmers have changed their production mindset, from traditional to standard farming and towards collective economic development. Models of production linkages like these will also contribute to encouragement. and help farmers feel secure in agricultural production in a safe direction, in order to ensure the health of consumers and the producers themselves,” said Mr.
According (Dan Tri)
Keyword: Farmers pay off debts, and build houses by growing clean vegetables