Let’s find out about the self-sufficient travel experience of Hoa Binh to explore the magnificent natural landscapes with caves and villages located right at the foot of the simple and rustic mountain; enjoy unique products and buy traditional cultural handicrafts as gifts…
What does Hoa Binh tourism have?
Hoa Binh is one of the provinces in the Northwest mountainous region of our country, with a geographical position that trades with other regions is extremely important. Nature here possesses many advantages for tourism development. There are Thai and Muong villages living a simple life; Kim Boi hot mineral spring; Hoa Binh Hydroelectricity Lake;…
Not only scenic spots, culture, customs and habits are boldly local traditions. The dishes and specialties crystallized from the land and people here also make tourists feel excited. Hoa Binh tourism has become one of the most impressive eco-resort and natural discovery destinations chosen by many people.
Hoa Binh travel experience: which season is beautiful to go?
The climate of Hoa Binh is typical of the tropical monsoon region. Winter is usually cold, summer is high, it rains a lot from July to August. This place is quite close to Hanoi, so short trips on weekends or in free time are still very suitable. Some suggested times you can choose are:
– Tien Pagoda Festival from the 4th – 6th of the first lunar month, located at Lac Thuy – Hoa Binh.
– Summer: come to relax and avoid the heat in Mai Chau, visit Thung Nai.
– Rainy season: check in Hoa Binh hydroelectric dam, watch the rare flood discharge. In the rainy season, you can travel because the roads are slippery and there are rocky areas prone to landslides.
Suggested means of transport in Hoa Binh travel
1. Means to go to Hoa Binh
– Private vehicle : located not too far away if moving from Hanoi, so you can come by convenient private vehicle. From the city center, you move in the direction of Ha Dong to National Highway 6 (AH13) or follow the direction of Thang Long Boulevard – Xuan Mai – National Highway 6 to go to Hoa Binh.
– Passenger car :
Take the bus to Hoa Binh or later, take the bus to Dien Bien, Son La. If you want to go to Thung Nai, stop in the city and then take a motorbike taxi or taxi to come, and if you want to go to Mai Chau, stop at Tong Dau intersection. Some reputable bus operators:
- Duc Hieu garage: Yen Nghia bus station – Mai Chau. Ticket price from: 80,000 VND/person.
- Chinh Minh garage: Hanoi – Mai Chau. Ticket price from: 120,000 VND/person.
- Hoang Thao garage: Yen Nghia bus station – Mai Chau. Ticket price from: 80,000 VND/person.
- Anh Hau garage: My Dinh bus station – Tan Lac. Ticket price from: 60,000 VND/person.
– Limousine: Hoa Binh travel experience, this vehicle moves quite quickly and conveniently. You can take the service car company or the car of the hotel or resort that you will be staying at. Pick up and drop off location so you don’t have to catch many routes. Some garages you can choose from are:
- Luxury Van Limousine: Hanoi Old Quarter – Serena Resort Kim Boi. Ticket price from: 200,000 VND/person.
- Nhat An Limousine: Hanoi – Mai Chau. Ticket price from: 230,000 VND/person.
- Duc Vinh Limousine: Hanoi – Hoa Binh. Ticket price from: 200,000 VND/person.
2. Means of transportation in Hoa Binh
Experience in Hoa Binh handbook here has few options for public transport or taxi, so traveling by motorbike will be the most appropriate choice. Both are comfortable in the schedule, can visit as you like but also affordable. Some reputable motorbike rental addresses in Hoa Binh:
– Hai Chau motorbike rental
- Address: 18 Ba Trieu, Cham Mat ward, Hoa Binh city, Hoa Binh.
- Phone number: 0923 68 182.
- Car rental price: from 80,000 VND to 160,000 VND/day.
– Toan Thang motorbike rental
- Phone: 0983 937 046
- Address: 87 Vo Thi Sau, Cham Mat Ward, Hoa Binh City, Hoa Binh.
- Car rental price: from 100,000 VND – 150,000 VND/day.
– Motorbike rental Tuan Anh
- Address: 23 Le Van Tam.
- Phone number: 097 622 84 85.
– Chung Lan car rental
- Phone number: 0389 480 085.
- Address: National Highway 15, Mai Chau Town, Mai Chau, Hoa Binh
- Car rental price: from 80,000 VND to 140,000 VND/day.
Tourist places in Hoa Binh
1. Mai Chau tourist destination
– Thung Khe Pass : or Da Trang Pass, a famous check-in place in Hoa Binh. Stopping on the pass to check in the scenery is like a cloudy sky under the gentle and gentle sunshine. Enjoy some corn and sugar cane sold by the roadside before continuing the journey.
– Mai Chau flagpole : super impressive “virtual live” coordinates that anyone should not miss. Standing from here, you can enjoy the panoramic view of Mai Chau town right below.
– Lac village : home to the white Thai ethnic group, which is famous for its peaceful and poetic beauty. A popular community tourism destination with many experiences to explore indigenous life and majestic mountain trekking.
– Poom Coong village: The village is located between rolling hills, bringing many poetic experiences. Here, people can learn about the cultural beauty of the people living on rustic stilts, eat delicious traditional dishes that are hard to resist.
– Ban Step : a beautiful village that still retains many wild features, an eco-tourism destination with peaceful mountain resorts and homestays.
– Ban Van : According to self-sufficient travel experience in Hoa Binh , if you come here on the occasion of the new year, you will be able to participate in many interesting folk games such as: throwing con, tug of war, jingle loong, odd clothes, .. .
– Mo Luong Cave : a famous Mai Chau tourist destination located in the Pu Kha mountain range with a depth of about 500m. An ideal destination for those who love to explore with cool air, many stalactites hanging down to create strange shapes.
– Hai Son mural village : Bich Hoa street is beautiful and brilliant, although it is less than 1km long, but it also creates a vivid scene. The paintings exude the simple everyday life scene, imbued with cultural identity here.
– Go Lao Waterfall : Follow the dirt road to the waterfall to see the wild scenery. The waterfall flows from a height of 15m, Mai Chau Hoa Binh tourism experience at the foot forms a flat lake that is very suitable for cooling off on a summer day.
– Ba Khan : a place with irresistible beauty that is likened to “Ha Long Bay on land” of Hoa Binh. Where you can drop your lake in a peaceful setting, admire the impressive scenery.
– Afternoon Cave : The interesting shapes of stalactites in this cave make many people excited. Besides, from the cave you can see the whole romantic Mai Chau town.
2. Luong Son tourist destination
Da Bac Cave : also known as Tien Cave and is located in the heart of Pai Day Mountain. The cave is nearly 70m long, the highest place is 15m. Possessing a mysterious beauty, a combination of sculpture and painting is bestowed by nature.
– Suoi Ngoc Vuong Ba : eco-tourism complex with hills covered with green trees. Hoa Binh travel experience 2 days 1 night , come here freely swimming in the lakes, lying in a hammock under the trees listening to the birds chirping.
3. Cao Phong tourist destination
– Thung Nai : where there is a huge reservoir, surrounded by high and bumpy mountains. Lyrical setting, relaxing destination, enjoying peaceful natural scenery.
– Goddess Thac Bo Temple: a sacred temple to worship Hoang Kim Mother of Muong Son Trang, an old daughter who contributed to the army to help King Le Loi fight the enemy.
– Thuong Bong Lai Temple : located at the foot of Dau Rong Mountain, worships Co Doi Thuong Ngan and the holy gods in the Four Palaces. According to legend, this is the place where Co Doi turned.
4. Tan Lac tourist destination
– Ban Ngoi : located deep in the heart of Hoa Binh Hydroelectricity Lake, has a primitive wild life and is completely separate from the outside.
– Thac Bo Cave : The cave is located on the banks of Hoa Binh Lake, surrounded by mountains. Visitors climb 100 stone steps from the foot of the mountain to the cave entrance to see mysterious stalactites, visit Buddha and there is also an altar to Uncle Ho.
– Hoa Tien Cave : The cave is located in the limestone mountain range of Ngoi Hoa commune, Tan Lac district. Located in the limestone mountains, inside there are stalactites and stalagmites of interesting shapes, reflecting unique light when shining on.
– Lung Van : This place is likened to the “roof of Muong Bi”, one of the oldest and largest cultural cradles of Muong Hoa Binh. Come here to freely explore the high mountains, steep slopes. The place to hunt clouds is as beautiful as Y Ty and explore the interesting Lung Van market.
5. Other locations in Hoa Binh
– Mu Waterfall : located in Ngoc Son – Ngo Luong nature reserve, Hoa Binh tourism experience for those who love to explore, this is the ideal destination. On the weekend, come here to see the beauty like a fairyland, relax in the wild nature and cool off under the waterfall.
– Thang Thien Waterfall tourist area : come here to admire the beauty of the primeval forest with diverse animals and plants. Follow the English stream to check in beautiful waterfalls for swimming. Rest in stilt houses and enjoy a rare moment of peace.
– Hoa Binh hydroelectric lake : immense beauty, charming water. Where there are caves, temples attract many tourists to visit.
– Kim Boi mineral spring tourist area : home to an ancient source of mineral water that is very beneficial for health, bones,… Kim Boi spring water is a famous beverage.
– Phu Canh Nature Reserve : The forest is located on 4 communes of Da Bac district with deep, mysterious and wild beauty.
Where to stay when traveling to Hoa Binh?
1. Luxury resort
The beautiful resorts in Hoa Binh are modern, comfortable and international-class, combined with indigenous architecture for an impressive vacation.
– Serena Resort Kim Boi
- Address: Khai Doi hamlet, Sao Bay commune, Kim Boi district, Hoa Binh province.
- Room rates from: 1,800,000 VND/night.
– Avana Retreat
- Address: Banh village, Bao La commune, Mai Chau district, Hoa Binh province.
- Room rates from: 9,500,000 VND/night.
– Mai Chau Hideaway Hoa Binh
- Address: Tan Mai, Mai Chau, Hoa Binh.
- Price from 1,500,000 VND/night.
– Mai Chau Ecolodge
- Address: Ban Na Thia, Na Phon, Mai Chau, Hoa Binh.
- Room price from: 2,520,000 VND/night.
2. Hotels, motels in Hoa Binh
– Grand Hotel – Diamond Palace
- Address: Le Thanh Tong Street, Tan Thinh, Hoa Binh City, Hoa Binh.
- Room rates from: 949,000 VND/night.
– SOJO Hotel Hoa Binh
- Address: 112 Le Thanh Tong, Tan Thinh, Hoa Binh.
- Room rates from: 1,190,000 VND/night.
– Sakura Hotel Hoa Binh
- Address: 4, Le Thanh Tong Street, Tan Thinh, Hoa Binh.
- Room rates from: 1,000,000 VND/night.
– Hoa Dao Hotel
- Address: Le Thanh Tong Street, Group 5, Tan Thinh Ward, Hoa Binh.
- Room rates from: 583,000 VND/night.
3. Homestay in Hoa Binh
Hoa Binh travel experience if you want to save money, homestay is the first choice. The experience of sleeping in an idyllic stilt house and discovering the lives of the people are also unforgettable memories. Some famous homestays:
– Muong Retreat
- Address: 202 Tay Tien, Thai Binh, Hoa Binh.
- Price from: 720,000 VND – 1,050,000 VND/night.
– Mai Chau Countryside Homestay
- Address: No. 30 Pom Coong, TT. Mai Chau, Mai Chau district, Hoa Binh province.
- Price from: 600,000 VND/night.
– Farmstay Nonego
- Address: Chanh hamlet, commune, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Price from: 600,000 VND – 840,000 VND/night.
– Thao Ly Homestay Mai Chau
- Address: Ban Nhut, Mai Chau district, Hoa Binh, Hoa Binh.
- Price from: 110,000 VND/night.
– Mai Chau Green Ecohouse
- Address: 185 Lac Village, Mai Chau, Hoa Binh.
- Price from: 500,000 VND/night.
The specialty of the famous Hoa Binh
1. Delicious food
– Grilled fish : fish as small as 2 fingers caught in the Da River after cleaning, grilled bamboo sticks, sprinkled with salt, wrapped in banana leaves, and carried away again. A famous dish of Hoa Binh cuisine is quite unique.
– Pork Man : Pig is raised on the hill, so it has a naturally sweet and fragrant taste. Pork after processing is presented on a tray of leaves with all kinds of delicious dishes and wild vegetables that look extremely eye-catching.
– Thung Nai jogging chicken: chewy and fragrant broiler chicken, the most delicious is grilled on embers with golden skin.
– Lam rice, colorful sticky rice : made from upland sticky rice with all kinds of eye-catching colors from the colors of forest leaves. Sticky sticky rice dipped with sesame salt or peanut salt alone feels delicious and unforgettable.
– Mixed forest vegetables : vegetable dishes, forest leaves have medicinal herbs such as: banana flowers, sturgeon, spotted vegetables, … the dishes are dipped with fish heart juice to create a unique and indescribable taste.
– Bitter bamboo shoots : Hoa Binh travel experience here, remember to enjoy the bitter bamboo shoots taken from the forest by people. You can buy fresh bamboo shoots for stir-fry or sour bamboo shoots, and dried bamboo shoots are all quite delicious.
– Buffalo meat cooked with leaves : a popular dish of the Muong ethnic group. Soft buffalo meat soaked in spices, sourness of the leaves, who eats it once, is guaranteed to love it.
– Vegetable salad: Vegetables are difficult to grow and find, so this is a rare and nutritious dish of the Muong people that not everyone can enjoy.
– Banh uoi : an indispensable cake in the Tet tray of the Muong people, expressing love and solidarity.
2. Hoa Binh specialties bought as gifts
Can wine : Wine made from the famous leaf yeast of the Muong people is a famous specialty that you should buy as a gift. Can wine and friends gather to enjoy the sweetness, sweetness and ecstasy.
– Ky Son red kumquat : going along Highway 6, section from Dan Hoa commune to Dan Ha commune on the occasion of July, there will be countless goods for sale. The kumquats here are thick, sweet and fragrant, so anyone who buys them to eat and as a gift is satisfied.
– Cam Cao Phong : a famous specialty that everyone knows. Oranges that are round, sweet and of good quality are bought the most as gifts by tourists when coming to Hoa Binh.
– Tan Lac red grapefruit : round fruit, yellow skin, bright red flesh. When eaten, it has a characteristic sweet taste and is quite succulent.
– Lac Son honey : wearing matching bees with characteristic yellow color. Natural forest honey should ensure quality and can be preserved for a long time.
– Shan Tuyet Pa Co tea: tea is harvested from ancient trees hundreds of years old naturally, without chemicals. The brewed tea has a very beautiful color, when drinking it lightly, connoisseurs can smell the quality.
Some suggested Hoa Binh travel itineraries
1. Explore Thung Nai 2 days
– Day 1: Hanoi – Thang Thien Waterfall – Thung Nai.
– Day 2: Thung Nai – Enjoy Thung Nai lake bed – Hanoi.
2. Hanoi – Mai Chau – Kim Boi (3 days)
– Day 1: Hanoi – Thung Khe Pass – Mai Chau.
– Day 2: Cao Phong – Kim Boi tourist area.
– Day 3: Kim Boi – Da Bac Cave – Ngoc Vu Ba Stream – Hanoi.
Suggested Hoa Binh travel costs
Depending on the schedule as well as the spending level for accommodation and meals of each person, the cost ranges from 1,000,000 VND for 2N1D to 2,100,000 VND for 3N2D in Hoa Binh.
Above are detailed Hoa Binh travel experiences for first-timers. If you do not have a choice for your upcoming trip, do not hesitate to come here to have memorable experiences. Refer to the above useful information and plan a suitable schedule for your vacation!
Keyword: Sharing self-sufficient travel experiences in Hoa Binh: travel, attractions, meals